Add to Favorites

printing terminology - Bleed

When your printer or designer refers to a bleed they are not trying to be grotesque or gory. In printing terminology a bleed refers to the printing area that goes beyond the edge of the sheet after trimming. A bleed is commonly used to allow a margin of error when the final piece is trimmed. Without this extra area you may run the risk of having white strips on the edge of your piece where you intended the ink to go to the edge. A standard bleed is 1/8 inch from the edge of final cut product.


Be the first to leave a comment on this post.

Leave a comment

To leave a comment, please log in / sign up