Social Media Image Dimensions
Like everyone else, we're sure you've had to re-do at least one graphic for your social media. Was that your Facebook cover? Or your YouTube channel art? The dimensions are different depending on the platform, so the same image you uploaded on Google+ won't look the same if you add it to your Twitter header. Well, for all of you who are still struggling with these measurements, here's a very simple cheat sheet!
1. Facebook cover: 851px x 315px
2. Facebook event cover: 784px x 295px
3. Facebook post: 940px x 788px
4. Facebook app: 810px x 450px
5. Facebook ad: 1200px x 627px
6. Twitter header: 1500px x 500px
7. Twitter post: 1024px x 512px
8. Google+ photo: 1240px x 700px
9. YouTube channel art: 2560px x 1440px
10. Pinterest graphic: 735px x 1102px
11. Instagram post: 640px x 640px
12. Tumblr banner: 3000px x 1055px
13. Tumblr graphic: 540px x 810px
14. Etsy banner: 760px x 100px
15. Email header: 600px x 200px (Bonus!)
*The images were made using the same size fonts, and all of them follow the dimensions given depending on the platform, however, for the purposes of seeing the images clearly one on top of each other on this post, they were constrained to 300px.
it's easier to see how different the dimensions of each are when you put them right next to each other! Have you made your social media banners and posts with these dimensions? If not, how did you manage to make your images fit to the dimensions allowed for each platform without looking distorted or pixelated?